- In the Main Navigation, click Content > Coupon Manager .
⇒ The Coupon Lists window opens to the Coupon Manager tab.
- Click Create.
⇒ The Coupon List window opens.
Create New Coupon List (window)
In the Create New Coupon List window it is possible to create a new coupon list. It is also possible to define alternative and preview text and specify whether a reminder is sent when a predefined number of coupons is reached. Definition of alternative text guarantees that message sendout does not stop when there are no more coupons left in a list. Preview text replaces actual coupons in messages sent to test recipients and in preview messages. Actual coupons from the list are never used for testing and preview purposes.
- Name: This Input field defines a name for the coupon list. Each coupon list must have a unique name. The name is stored in lowercase letters and cannot contain empty spaces or underscores characters. Special characters and symbols can cause problems and are not recommended.The maximum length for the name is 50 characters.
- Description: This optional input field provides a description of the coupon list. Descriptions help to identify the coupon list and are recommended if multiple coupon lists are in use on an Engage system.The maximum length for the description is 200 characters.
- Insufficient Number of Coupons: This area defines what happens when there are not enough coupons available in the list.
- Display Alternative Text: This option replaces the coupon with predefined text and continues the message sendout when there are no more coupons available.When this radio button is activated, the window adjusts to display a mandatory Alternative Text input field.The maximum length for alternative text is 200 characters.InsertIf statements are used if the message layout needs to display alternate content to recipients for whom no coupon is available. For example, a link to a different offer. In this case, the email is personalised with InsertIfs that correspond to the coupons (see Show Message Parts Using Available Coupons).
- Pause Sendout This option pauses the message sendout when there are no more coupons available. Sendout of the paused message can be resumed once additional coupons are uploaded to the list (see Resume Sendout of a Coupon Message).
- Preview Text: This input field defines text that replaces the actual coupon in messages sent to test recipients and in messages used as previews. Actual coupons from the coupon list are never used for test and preview messages. If no preview text is entered, default text is generated from the name of the list. For example, the default text for a coupon list named birthdaycoupons is birthdaycoupons_previewCoupon.The maximum length for the preview text is 200 characters.
- Remind Owner: The radio buttons in this area specify whether or not an optional reminder notification is generated when a predefined number of coupons remain in the coupon list.
- Yes: This option automatically sends a notification to the owner of the list when a predefined number of coupons remain in the coupon list.
- No: When this option is selected, no notification messages are sent about the number of coupons which remain in a list.
- Send reminder when: This option displays when the Yes option is activated in the Remind Owner area. The drop-down list sets a minimum number of coupons for the list. When the specified minimum number of coupons is reached, Engage automatically sends the owner of the list a reminder (system message SysMsgCouponAlert). Coupons can be added to a list at any time (see Import Coupons Into a Coupon List).
- Send additional reminder to: This input field displays when the Yes option is activated in the Remind Owner area. The optional input field specifies another person (in addition to the list owner) to receive a reminder message when the predefined minimum number of coupons is reached. The additional reminder can only be sent to email addresses that exist within the Engage system.
- : This button opens the Member Search window. It is possible to enter various search criteria in this window to locate users. The symbol selects a user from the search results.
- Cancel: This button closes the window and opens the Coupon Lists Overview window without creating a new coupon list. All changes are lost.
- Save: This button saves the coupon list. The window closes and the Coupon Lists Overview displays the newly created coupon list.