You have created and uploaded your own landing pages for the subscription process. Two landing pages are needed: one for a successful subscription and another for a subscription failure.
When a new recipient is imported or manually added to a group it is possible to have the system send them an invitation. In this case, the recipient is invited as indicated by the import settings.
A link is inserted in the standard text of this invitation (the system message) which automatically refers to the landing page (in this case the subscription page) on the Mapp Engage system. The landing page can be customized to your individual layout. When the recipient clicks on the link, the subscription is confirmed and a page with information about the newsletter or company is displayed.
Two landing pages are required:
- One landing page to provide information about a successful subscription.
- One landing page which indicates a subscription error and prompts a new subscription attempt.
If you want your own web page (internet site or shop) to open after the subscription, the system messages that are sent and the links contained in them must be adjusted accordingly.
The following system messages are sent at the time of subscription relative to the subscription processes that was used:
- SysMsgConfirmSubscription: Subscription by email - the subscriber is not yet in the system.
- SysMsgConfirmSubscriptionPasswd: Subscription by email - the subscriber is not yet in the system and also needs a password for the Mapp Engage system.
- SysMsgInviteToGroup: Subscription per import/API - the subscriber is not yet in the system.
- SysMsgInviteToGroupPasswd: Subscription per import/API - the subscriber is not yet in the system and also needs a password for the Mapp Engage system.
- SysMsgRemindPending: If subscription confirmation is missing, this message is sent as a reminder.
It may be necessary to adjust additional messages in order to change the corresponding unsubscribe links.
System messages can be replaced by prepared messages. This means that instead of the system message, an appropriately adapted prepared message is sent (see Create Templates for System Messages). The link is processed in different places depending on whether the system message text is processed or a prepared message is sent.
The system message is sent - the link is in the text of the system message
- In the Main Navigation, click Messages > System Message.
Change the landing page of a single group or for the entire system by clicking on the appropriate tab.
System Message - Group general.
The system message is changed for all groups in your Mapp Engage system.
System Message - Group specific.
The system message will be customized for a specially selected group. All other groups remain unchanged. Choose the group from the Group drop-down list.
- Click the symbol in the line of the system message to be edited.
The window Edit System Messages opens.
Languages that have already been processed are displayed in the Customized Language list.
Click Add Language to select the language versions to be edited.
System messages must be individually customized for all languages used. If only one language is used on your system for message sendout it is sufficient to simply adjust the default language. This overrides all other language preferences of the recipient.
Highlight the language and click on the icon to Select.
⇒ The system message opens for editing.
Replace the placeholder for the link that is located in the text of the the system message, <%subscribe_link%>, with:
redirect_ok= Indicates the page that opens to confirm a successful subscription. Insert the address of the page that the subscriber sees here.
redirect_err= Marks the page that is opened to indicate a subscription error. Insert the address of the page that the subscriber is shown here.
System messages must be individually customized for all languages used. If only one language is in use on your system for message sendout, it is sufficient to simply adjust the default language. This overrides all of the recipient's other language preferences.
The system message is replaced by a prepared message - the link, which is part of the prepared message, is changed
In the Main Navigation, click Message > Prepared Message.
It is possible to insert prepared messages as the default of a template. The text of the message remains in the actual system message. It must also be used to change the unsubscribe link in the system message.
A system message only needs to be customized if the unsubscribe link is also part of the prepared message.
- The window Prepared Messages Overview opens.
- Open the prepared message which contains the subscribe link. The subscribe link is represented by the placeholder <%subscribe_link%>.
Replace the subscription link with:
redirect_ok= Indicates the page that opens to confirm a successful subscription. Insert the address of the page to be displayed to the subscriber here.
redirect_err= Marks the page that is opened for a subscription error. Insert the address of the page to be displayed to the subscriber here.