Time zone behavior in Mapp Engage is influenced by the cluster that your system is hosted on, the selected import date, and other factors.
Mapp Engage deals with multiple date and time values:
- The time zone present in your imported data. Any import that has a date specified, but not the time, will be stored in the system with the default time zone of the cluster.
- The time zone of your Engage system (depends on the cluster).
- The time zone you select for import in the Mapp Engage UI (manually or with an automation trigger).
How does it work?
Because the custom attribute of the type "Date" does not include the time zone parameter, Mapp Engage has to convert it. To do so, it follows the following protocol:
- All date/time custom attributes are stored in the database with the default time zone of your cluster. Clusters and time zones are described here.
- All date/time custom attributes are stored in Datastore in the Europe/Berlin time zone, for all clusters.
- The time zone that you pick for import represents the way these import data will be interpreted, and not the way it will be saved in the system.
Both date and time must be included to control the time zone: Date+Time+Timezone(-/+hours)