This document shows you, how to set up exports from Mapp Engage to Salesforce. This allows you to synchronize contacts and contact attributes.
Please note that this is an optional feature that has to be activated.
- Go to the Setup page in your Salesforce account and search for App Manager.
- Click "New Connected App".
- Fill in the Basic Information fields.
- Go to API (Enable OAuth Settings).
- Activate the Enable OAuth Settings checkbox.
- Enter the Callback URL https://login.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/success if you are using the standard cloud Salesforce instance.
- Activate Use digital signatures and Require Secret for Web Server Flow checkboxes.
- Select the following OAuth Scopes:
- Access and manage your data (api).
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access).
- Leave the page open and continue with the next step.
Upload digital signatures from the Mapp Connect integration.
Open Mapp Engage in a new browser tab and click Data Management > Mapp Connect.
Open the Salesforce integration.
Generate the key and then download it.
- Switch back to your Salesforce browser tab, Upload the generated key and Save the configuration.
- Copy the Consumer Key from Salesforce to the Mapp Connect Salesforce integration.
- Save the setting in Mapp Engage.
- Add permissions in Salesforce.
- Go to Manage connected Apps.
- Choose the App and click Edit Policies.
- Change Permitted Users to Admin approved users are pre-authorized and select Enable User Provisioning.
- Save your configuration.
- Click Manage Profiles on the Connected App settings page.
- Select Marketing user and save.
- Select or create an API user and set a Marketing role.
- Click in Setup view Administration > Users > Users.
- Create a new user (with the email that you have access to) or edit the existing user.
- Set a marketing role and license 'Salesforce' or add a marketing role and license 'Salesforce' to the user whose email will be pasted into the integration.
- Switch to Mapp Engage, add the email address as API user and save.
- In Mapp Engage, go to Audience > Groups.
- Open the group from which you to export data into Salesforce.
- In the Salesforce Integration section, select the integration from the drop-down list.
Click Save. From now on, contacts that are added to this group, will be exported to Salesforce.
This set up does not work retroactively, so any contacts that were already in this group before configuring the Salesforce integration, will not automatically be exported.