The Segmentation Builder allows you to create segments to filter your audience.
Segments allow you to send messages to only a specific target audience, rather than a whole group. Moreover, you can use the same segments in automations, and create target groups. Segments are dynamic: each time that you use a segment, Mapp Engage checks its database and selects the contacts who currently match the segment criteria.
Use of Segments
Create segments based on a wide range of criteria such as:
- online activity data
group membership status
- store purchase data
- other website data in custom attributes
- Tailor your message to reach a specific audience.
Change or update the segment criteria at any time, even after the segment is published.
Create and publish segments centrally.
Reuse the same segment many times in different parts of Mapp Engage.
- Sendout: Apply a segment to a sendout to limit the recipients of the message. Segments allow you to send different messages to different target audiences within the same group.
- CMS Paragraphs: Use a segment to specify which contacts receive certain paragraphs in a CMS message.
- Automations: Apply a segment to an automation and/or Whiteboard.
- Group: Apply a segment to transfer contacts into the group.
- Audience size: Use a segment to calculate the audience that matches the criteria.
Explore Segmentation Builder
Find out more about the Segmentation Builder in the following chapters: