In Mapp Intelligence you can analyse the following states of your products:
- viewed in catalog (list)
- viewed on a product detail page (view)
- added to a shopping cart (basket)
- bought (confirmation)
Aggregated evaluations are possible across product categories. Mapp Intelligence automatically detects abandoned shopping carts from the information transmitted. Comprehensive information must be provided on the underlying order for product purchases, e.g. a unique order number.
A list of tracked products appears in the Mapp tool under E-Commerce > Products.
- id: Contains the product name. This property must be entered if products are to be measured. A product ID may not contain more than 110 characters. Mapp recommends using the article number (SKU) since it allows an easy import of a product catalog.
- cost: Contains the product price ("0" prices are allowed). If you transmit a product several times (quantity property greater than 1), use the total price, not the unit price.
- quantity: Contains the product quantity.
- variant: Use this to transmit the variant of the product.
- soldOut: Use this to transmit the product is sold out or in stock (sold out = true, in stock = false).
- parameter: You can use parameters to enrich analytical data with your own website-specific information and/or metrics.
- category: Product categories allow the grouping of products.
The following objects serve to track products in detail:
Product details can be enriched by adding information via parameters. Each parameter must be configured in your account before being able to track it (Configuration > Custom Parameters > E-Commerce Parameter). When configuring the pixel, you need to use the ID as set up in the account configuration as a number and the respective value as a string.
E-commerce parameters are used to transmit additional product information (e.g. size, color).
E-commerce parameters of the type "Text" are shown in the Mapp tool under E-Commerce > E-Commerce Parameters. E-commerce parameters of the type "Number" are available as a metric in the analyses.
The relationship between product and product category must be unique. It is not possible to assign the product "Shoes" to the category "Ladies" and "Sales" at the same time. These non-unique relationships can be mapped using e-commerce parameters.
Product categories of the data type "number" can be used to evaluate every product call with the value stored for it.
Product categories must be configured in the Mapp Q3 tool for Mapp Intelligence to measure this information. This is done under Configuration > Categorisation > Product Categories. When configuring the pixel, you need to use the ID as set up in the account configuration as a number and the respective value as a string. Please note that a product category cannot contain more than 110 characters.
A list of measured product categories of the data type "text" is displayed at E-Commerce > Product Categories. Product categories of the data type "number" are available as a metric in the analyses.
Product categories are only assigned to a product once. If a product is tracked together with a category, all other products will also be assigned to that category.