With the latest release of our tracking pixels, we added the functionality to anonymously track users by default. This provides even more options to comply to GDPR standards and regulations.
- Track anonymously by default.
- Use basic tracking functionality without the need to ask the user for consent.
Available to all customers using the latest release of the Mapp Intelligence tracking pixel v4, Tag Integration, and Smart Pixel.
Procedure/Steps/How does it work?
Enable anonymous tracking function.
Choose if you want to give users the option to opt-in to or opt-out of anonymous tracking by leaving the anonymousOptIn variable "false" or change it to "true".
Optionally, change the anonymousCookieName and add additional parameters to suppress when anonymous tracking is activated.
- Start tracking.
- Updated documentation for version 4 and Tag Integration can be found here: https://docs.mapp.com/display/WPD
- Smart Pixel documentation is available here: https://docs.mapp.com/display/WSPD/Smart+Pixel
- A best practice example using the Smart Pixel is available here: https://docs.mapp.com/display/WSPD/Smart+Pixel+-+Anonymous+Tracking#
- What is Anonymized (aka Cookieless) Tracking? https://documentation.mapp.com/1.0/en/what-is-anonymized-aka-cookieless-tracking-12569349.html