Mapp Intelligence: Android SDK – Crash Tracking
Crash Tracking with Android SDK v5 enables you to improve the quality of your app and the user experience. Let's face it: Mobile apps should make your app users' lives easier, let them handle everyday problems in no time and strengthen customer loyalty. Crashes can cause users to uninstall the app which results in dissatisfaction or less revenue. According to a survey by Dimensional Research*, 80% said they would try to use a problematic mobile app for at the most 3 times. More than 50% would uninstall an app that crashes or even freezes. The crash tracking functionality allows you to connect the impact of app crashes to other events, improve stability and ensure user satisfaction.
- Detect app crashes: Find out when your mobile application crashes.
- Identify the source of error: Fix issues more quickly and spend more time on optimization.
- Retain app users: Check if the crashes are connected to uninstalls.
How does it work?
1. Configure parameters in your account to analyze them in Intelligence later.
The following parameters are available:
2. Crash Tracking and set log levels in global configuration.
3. Select which crashes are to be tracked. Available are:
- Uncaught exceptions (tracked by default if selected)
- Caught exceptions
- Caught exceptions with custom messages
Feel free to choose one, all or only some of the described types.
1. If crash tracking is enabled, the SDK detects the corresponding crashes and sends available information to Intelligence.
2. The request is an event request with name of event = webtrekk_ignore (ct=webtrekk_ignore).
3. No info is tracked if the user opted out of tracking.
Crash Tracking in Android SDK v5 is disabled by default in the global configuration. Turn it on to use it. Examples can be found in the technical documentation linked below.
Crash Tracking is only available for Android v5.0.2 or higher.
Android SDK Crash Tracking – Technical Documentation
* Cf. Eric Sherman: The top 6 reasons mobile apps crash: How to best avoid Murphy