Here is how you can set up your Segment.com connector in Mapp Engage.
- From the Destinations catalog page in the Segment App, click Add Destination.
- Select Mapp Connect from the Destinations Catalog.
- Choose which Source should send data to the Mapp destination.
- Go to the to your Mapp Cloud instance and login.
- Go to Mapp Connect menu.
- Add new integration type Segment.
- Generate secret key and store it in a notepad.
- Go back to Segment and Mapp Connect destination.
- Paste the secret key in the API Key field in new the Segment destination.
- Insert API URL for your cluster:
11. Copy the Integration ID from Mapp Connect Addon and paste in Integration Id field.
12. Add the group Id that users will be added to (find it in you Mapp Cloud instance).
13. The Mapping for this integration is created under the Mapping tab in Addon settings.
To successfully add users to your Mapp Engage, the email field is required. Remember to add proper mapping (segment source field name=email) in your addon mapping settings.
Segment sends Identify calls to Mapp Connect as an
identify event. All fields need to be manually setup under Mapping tab in you addon settings.