To create a new time-based automation.
A time-based automation is automatically executed at a scheduled date and time. This can be a single scheduled execution or a repeated schedule.
- In the top navigation, click Automations > Automations > Time-based.
- Click Create. The Edit Job window opens.
- Enter a name and description for the automation.
- Select the job. For a list of all available time-based jobs, see All Available Time-Based Jobs.
- Enter the desired settings for the job (see Edit Time-based Job (window)).
- Click the Schedule button.
- Define the schedule when the time-based automation is executed. This can be a one-time execution or a repeated schedule. See Schedule Time-Based Automation (window).
- In the Notifications area, select whether system users are sent a reminder email 30 days before the automation deactivates.
- Click Save & Activate to immediately activate the automation. Save & Close saves the automation without activating it. Only active automations are executed by the system.
The automation is saved and activated. The automation has the status Activated, Running if the start date is immediate and Activated, Scheduled if the start date is in the future.