Create a New Group
To create a new group.
A group is a list of contacts to whom you send messages. Groups are the primary way that you organize contacts and send messages. Many settings, including sendout settings, are managed on the group level.
- In the main navigation, click Audience > Groups.
- Click Create.
Enter the settings of the new group.
The name is used for group administration in Mapp Engage.
- The maximum length is 150 characters.
- The name of the group does not have to be unique in Mapp Engage. You can change the name of the group in the group settings.
- By default, the group name is a part of the From Address that contacts see in their email inbox. You can edit the From Address in the group settings.
- The email address must be unique in Mapp Engage. You cannot change the group email address later.
- The local part of the email address has a maximum length of 40 characters. The second part of the email address is the domain. If your Mapp Engage system uses multiple domains, you must select which domain to use for this group.
- By default, the group email address is a part of the From Address that contacts see in their email inbox. You can edit the From Address in the group settings.
Allows you to use a configuration template to create the group.
A configuration template stores a set of sendout settings that you can apply automatically when you create or copy a group. This template-based option to create and store sendout settings can streamline your sendout process within your Mapp Engage, or if you connect externally.
Assigns a group category to the group. You can use group categories for analyses, automations, and segments.
Add Owner as Member
To add yourself to the group as a member, select the Add Owner as Member option.
If you select this option, you receive all messages in the group.
If you do not select this option, you are the owner of the group, but not a member of the group. You do not receive any messages in the group.
To join the group as a member, the owner must have a contact profile.
When selected, the group is created as a SuperGroup.
A SuperGroup makes it possible to create and send a message to more than one group at a time. A message sent to a SuperGroup is sent to all of the members of all of the subgroups.
Click Create. The group is created. You can now configure the group settings and import contacts into the group.