Cookieless Conversion Tracking
Conversion tracking is a measurement feature that shows how your email campaigns are increasing website traffic and sales. Information about the message recipient is transmitted to your website or shop system, and then back to Engage. The message ID, user ID, and purchase details for each transaction are transmitted between Engage and the external system.
How it Works
- Information about the recipient and the message (User ID or User Email and Message ID) are embedded in the links of a message.
- When a recipient clicks on the link, this information is transmitted to the shop system.
This information needs to remain saved within the shop system during the entire shopping session. If the session is interrupted, it can no longer be tracked. The shopping system, therefore, needs to be adapted to store the information during the shopping system.
- The recipient completes a purchase. The confirmation page of the shop contains the conversion tracking pixel that includes User ID/User Email, Message ID, and purchase details. Engage obtains the these information.
- The results of conversion tracking can be filtered and exported in the Export Conversion Tracking Statistics window (see Export Conversion Tracking Statistics).
Setting up Cookieless Conversion Tracking
Cookieless conversion tracking requires the following steps:
- Create a tracking pixel in the Conversion Tracking Overview window (see Create a Tracking Pixel).
- Using information provided by your shop merchant, adapt the tracking pixel to your shop system (see Adapt a Conversion Tracking Pixel). Your shop merchant must add the tracking pixel to the confirmation page in your online shop system.
- Add the Message ID and User ID or User Email to the links of the message (see Add Message ID and User ID to Links (cookieless conversion tracking)).
- Activate Conversion Tracking for the messages you want to be tracked (see Activate Conversion Tracking for Messages).