- In the main navigation, click Content > Email > Blocks.
- Edit an existing block.
⇒ The Compose Block window opens to the Information tab.
In this window, you define a block. Several tabs allow you to specify the metadata of your block and the HTML code of the block itself.
What can I do in this window?
- Define information such as block description, block tags, and more.
- Paste, define, and edit the HTML code of a block, including input field placeholders or Mapp Engage Variables.
|Update blocks automatically||Activate this toggle switch if you want that the edits made to this block are applied to all templates in CMS where this block is used.|
Saves the changes. The window remains open for further editing.
Save & Close
Saves the changes and closes the window. The Blocks tab opens. Here you can locate all your blocks.
Closes the window without saving your changes. The Blocks tab opens
The Information tab allows you to set up the basic metadata of your block.
Defines the name of the block in Mapp Engage. The name is a mandatory input field.
The name is limited to 250 characters.
Defines a description for the block. The description is an optional input field.
The description is limited to 3000 characters.
Use this input field to provide additional information about the block.
Defines the tags that are assigned to the block.
Defines the character encoding of the block.
Following options are available:
You should only edit the code of your block if you are familiar with HTML code.
The Edit tab allows you to paste, define, and edit the HTML code of your block.
With the HTML code you define the following:
- The HTML code of the block itself.
- Different placeholders for content in a block, for example text areas and images that provide text editors and image selectors in Compose Email Message window.