To add a standard list-unsubscribe header to an email message.
In most ISPs, the list-unsubscribe header enables an unsubscribe link or button in the web interface of an email client. This makes it easier for the recipient to unsubscribe and reduces the chance that they mark the message as spam or block the sender.
Use headers with standard values to manage the unsubscribe request in the group in Mapp Engage.
- In the Main Navigation, click Audience > Groups.
⇒ The Group window opens.
- In the Action column, click the symbol next to the group.
⇒ The General Settings window opens.
- Click the Sendout Options tab.
- Click the symbol to expand the List-Unsubscribe Header area.
- From the Setting drop-down list, select Header with Standard Value (unsubscribes are handled by Mapp Engage).
- Click the Save button.
⇒ A list-unsubscribe header with standard values is added to every message sent to members of this group. Both email-based and web-based headers are added automatically.