Mapp Engage Functions
Functions are commands that are used within the Mapp Engage system to perform certain tasks or to make queries in a simplified way. In addition to the common JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL) function tags (fn), Mapp Engage uses two custom libraries (ecm & ecx) with additional functions. A function can be incorporated into an expression which includes other functions, operators, and values with the use of JSP Expression Language (EL).
Functions tell Mapp Engage to access, use, or manipulate information in the system, to make a calculation, or to perform another kind of task.
Mapp Engage functions are used in the following contexts:
- To insert values from attributes or related data directly into a message.
- To create personalisation rules (InsertIf statements) that determine whether content is inserted into a message.
- As conditions for selection criteria.
- As conditions for profile-based automations.
- To insert dynamic values into input fields, including FTP URLs, other URLs/URIs or paths.Note that not all functions work correctly in links. For example, the = character in some functions can cause the link redirection to break.
Functions available for use in Mapp Engage are described here according to the actions they perform.