To add a personalization placeholder to a message
- or -
to apply a complex personalization (InsertIf expression) to a message paragraph.
- In the Main Navigation, click Messages > Draft Messages and select the message into which you would like to insert a personalization.
⇒ The Compose Message window opens.
- Click the Personalization button.
⇒ The Personalization Wizard opens.
- Select a Personalization for use.
If you need to search for a personalization, use the Quick Search (see Search for personalizations (Quick Search) or the personalization wizard search function (see Search for personalizations (wizard)).
- You have three possibilities to insert a personalization: drag and drop, right click, and one click.
Drag & Drop
This approach is recommended for inserting placeholders in your message or adding a personalization rule with content at a particular position of the message.
Drag & drop cannot be used to assign a personalization to an entire paragraph.
- Click the icon and continue to hold down the mouse button.
Drag the personalization into the Compose Message window.
⇒ The areas where it is possible to drop the personalization are automatically highlighted in green.
- Place the cursor at the location where the personalization is to be inserted.
- Release the mouse button.
⇒ The personalization is inserted at the marked location.
Right-Click and One-Click
Only complex personalization rules consisting of one InsertIf (and no content) can be used to mark paragraphs. When a personalization consisting of a placeholder, a rule with content, or a rule with several InsertIf/InsertElse blocks is inserted to a selected paragraph, the selected paragraph is, after a confirmation prompt, replaced by the chosen personalization.
With this method you first select a personalization rule, then select the paragraph to which the personalization rule should apply.
- In the Insert Mode area, choose the Right Mouse Click option.
- Click the icon next to the personalization to be inserted.
⇒ A red circle displayed on the mouse cursor indicated that the personalization is ready for insertion. When the mouse cursor is moved over a part of the message where the personalization could be inserted, the cursor circle turns green. The sections of the message available for personalization are highlighted in green.
- Move the cursor to the part of the message that is to be personalised.
- Click right mouse button.
⇒ The option INSERT is displayed.
- Click INSERT.
⇒ The personalization is inserted into the message.
With this method you first select a paragraph of the message to be personalised, then choose the desired type of personalization.
It is recommended that when creating a new personalization, you activate the option Right mouse click in the Insert mode - this makes it easier to control where the personalization is inserted. It is then possible to mark many different paragraphs of the message, one right after another, with already existing personalizations.
- Choose the option One Click in the Insert Mode area.
- Position the cursor at the location where the personalization is to be inserted.
- or -
Mark the paragraph of the message that is to be personalised.
- Click the icon next to the personalization.
- The selected area of the message is personalised.