Define Attribute Values (Enumeration)
To define the values that can be saved in the enumerated attribute.
In Mapp Engage, you can determine the structure of the information you store for contacts in your custom attributes.
In addition to the data type of the attribute, you can specify which values are available for the attribute. The process that you use to define available attribute values is called enumeration.
It is not possible to enumerate a standard attribute.
It is not possible to enumerate a profile attribute that uses the Boolean data type.
Define an Enumeration Value
- In the main navigation, click Administration > Attributes > Profile Attributes.
⇒ The Attribute Management window opens.
- If the attribute is not yet enumerated, in the Actions menu of the desired attribute, select Create Enumeration.
⇒ A confirmation window opens.
- Click Save.
⇒ Mapp Engage enumerates the selected attribute. The amount of time the enumeration process requires varies.
- In the Actions menu of the enumerated attribute you wish to edit, select Edit Enumeration.
⇒ The Enumeration window opens.
- To add an enumerated value, enter the value in the New Value input field and click Save.
⇒ Mapp Engage adds the new value to the enumeration of the selected attribute. An attribute can have up to 1,000 different enumerations.
- To delete an existing enumerated value, click Delete next to the value you want to delete.
⇒ The selected value is deleted from the enumeration.
In Mapp Engage, you can create enumerated attributes automatically with a CSV or XML import of contact data.
CSV: New attributes are automatically created during the import of a CSV file. If the attribute contains less than 1,000 different values, it is automatically enumerated. If an attribute contains more than 1,000 different values, the import fails. All the values that are stored in the attribute automatically become possible values in the enumeration. For more information, see CSV Format for Contact Imports.
XML: The command to enumerate the attribute must be explicitly entered as enum="true". For more information, see XML Format for Contact Imports.
Create Custom Attribute
Create, Edit, or Delete Enumeration