Best Sendout Time in Mapp Engage
Best Sendout Time is a pre-calculated statistic that allows you to reach your contacts at the right time and boost engagement rates. This calculation is based on your contacts' opens and clicks.
- Machine Learning (ML) module enabled on your Mapp Engage account.
- Best sendout time is an on-demand feature that needs to be activated. Contact your Customer Success or Account Manager for more information.
Best Sendout Time is available for:
- Manual and split sendouts
- Whiteboard sendouts and A/B tests within Whiteboards
- Segmentation Builder (ML Attribute)
Engage registers in which interval the contacts clicks a link or opens an email, and uses it as the best sendout time for this contact.
The ML (Machine Learning) module in Mapp Engage calculates best sendout time for two intervals:
1-hour intervals: A day is divided into twenty-four 1-hour intervals. This allows for selecting a very precise contact timeframe.
3-hour intervals (new): A day is divided into twenty-four 3-hour intervals. A new interval starts at every full hour, so they overlap. Compared to the first one, this algorithm allows for the best sendout time to be calculated for more contacts.
The default data aggregation period for both calculations is 12 months. Mapp is automatically applying both calculations. You don't have to select it manually in the configuration.
For contacts whose best sendout time is not calculated, you have the possibility to set a specific time for the sendout, or to send the message at the defined default sendout time.
Watch this video to see how it works:
You run a campaign with fresh data that triggers a sendout every day. You want to ensure that both contacts with a calculated best sendout time, and those without receive the message.
For this scenario, Mapp Engage allows you to split the campaign depending on whether the best sendout time attribute is calculated or not (see ML attribute).
In the following example, the default sendout start is scheduled for midnight.
- Contacts with a calculated Best Sendout Time: The sendout will happen at the best sendout time calculated for this contact that occurs after the default sendout time, i.e. after midnight.
Contacts without a calculated Best Sendout Time.
Here, you have two options:
Schedule sendout for a specific time, for example 9 am. The sendout will happen at the selected time.
Do not specify the time. In this case, the sendout will happen at the default time, which is midnight.