Add Timed Link Redirection
To specify that after a certain length of time, all links in a message are redirected to a different page. For more information, please see Timed Link Redirection
If you create messages using CMS templates, it is necessary to contact your customer service representative and indicate which links should be automatically redirected, and which should continue to link to the original destination (links cannot be included or excluded in link redirection within the CMS template user interface). To set up timed link redirection for your CMS templates, therefore, contact your customer service representative.
The function for automatically redirecting links is activated for your Mapp Engage system.
Automatically timed link redirection is managed on a group-wide basis. All messages in the group (including previously sent messages) will be redirected to the new destination at the programmed time.
Even if links have been redirected for an individual message, the group-wide automatic redirection "overrules" this setting, and the redirection set up in the group settings takes place at the scheduled time.
It is possible to exclude individual links from the application of link redirection. This takes place during message creation. For more information see Exclude Timed Link Redirection for Specific Links.
To manually change individual links after sendout, please see Redirect Links After Sendout.
- In the Main Navigation, click Audience > Groups.
⇒ The Group window is opened.
- Click next to the group for which you would like to enable link redirection.
- Select the Tracking & Links tab.
- Expand the additional area Redirecting Settings.
- In the input field New Link Destination, enter the URL of the site to which the links should be redirected after the given time period is over.
- In the input field After..... days, enter the number of days that should pass before the link is redirected. The redirection takes place a certain number of days after the original sendout (measured in 24-hour periods). In other words, if the sendout takes place at 10 a.m., the links will redirect at 10 a.m. after the specified number of days have passed.
- Click Save.
⇒ Link redirection is now enabled for this group. All links in all messages, will be automatically redirected after the specified length of time.
Only System links (e.g. unsubscribe, forward) are never redirected. To exclude other, individual links from redirection see Exclude Timed Link Redirection for Specific Links