To add a contact to a group blacklist.
Your group-specific role or group-override system role has the permission: 505 Members: Edit group blacklist.
You can add the following entries to a group blacklist:
Once a contact is added to a blacklist:
The contact is deleted from the group.
The contact does not receive any messages from the group.
The contact cannot re-subscribe to the group, and cannot be re-imported into the group.
When a contact is placed on a group blacklist, Mapp Engage deletes all group-related information. Member attributes and group membership data, including subscription records are deleted permanently.
There are three ways to add contacts or domains to the group-wide blacklist:
- Import a List of Contacts or Domains.
- Import a List of Contacts or Domains
- Manually Blacklist a Group Member.
Import a List of Contacts or Domains
- In the Main Navigation, click Contacts > Blacklist.
- From the Group drop-down list, select the group.
- Click the Import button.
⇒The Import Group Blacklist window opens.
- Click the Browse button and select the file.
- From the File Type drop-down list, select Text or XML. For the structure of the blacklist file, see Blacklist Import Files.
- From the Character Set drop-down list, select the character set used in the blacklist file.
From the Import Mode drop-down list, select the appropriate mode.
Add - The entries in the file are added to the blacklist.
Replace - The entries in the file replace the existing blacklist. All existing blacklist entries are deleted.
Delete - The entries in the file are deleted from the blacklist. These contacts can once again subscribe to this group. This mode does not add contacts to the group.
- Click Import
⇒The import starts. You are informed about the status of the import by email.
Manually Add One or More Contacts or Domains
- In the Main Navigation, click Contacts > Blacklist
- From the Group drop-down list, select the group
- Click the Create New button
⇒The New Group Blacklist Entry window is opened
- Enter the email address, mobile number, or domain you want to add to the system blacklist in the corresponding input field. To enter several entries, use a new line for each entry
- Click the Save button
⇒A status message informs you that the entry or entries are added to the blacklist. You are informed about the status of the import by email
Manually Blacklist a Group Member
- In the Main Navigation, click Contacts > Management
- From the Group drop-down menu, select the group to which you want to add the contact to the blacklist
⇒The Group Members window opens
- To locate the contact, use the filter criteria
⇒Possible matches are shown in the list.
- Next to the contact, you want to add to the group blacklist, click Blacklist
⇒The Add to Group Blacklist window opens. The address of the contact is selected
- Click the Add to Group Blacklist button
⇒The contact is added to the group blacklist